Met Coke 2014 Agenda
"As always, the World Met Coke Summit is the premier industry event providing current trends as well as the opportunity to network with industry peers." Manager of Minerals Development, Intertek
Watch this space for information and speaker announcements about the Met Coke 2014 agenda; the complete agenda will be public later this summer. In the meantime, take a look at our esteemed advisors who will shape this year's program and our planned sessions for this year.
Our 2014 advisors include:
||Dr Neil J. Bristow
H&W Worldwide Consulting Pty Ltd (co-chair)
||Dr. John F. Quanci
VP of Engineering and Technology
SunCoke Energy (co-chair)
Division Manager - Procurement - Solid Fuels
ArcelorMittal USA LLC
Forest Vue Research LLC
Global Manager Technical Marketing
Teck Coal Limited
||Dr. Hardarshan S. Valia
Coal Science Inc., Emeritus Met Coke Summit Advisor
Already confirmed to present at Met Coke 2014:
- Dr. Neil J. Bristow, Principal/Managing Consultant, H&W Worldwide Consulting Pty Ltd (co-chair)
- Dr. John F. Quanci, VP of Engineering and Technology, SunCoke Energy (co-chair)
- Karyn Booth, Partner and Chair of Transportation Practice, Thompson Hine LLP
- Jorge Caldeira, Manager Technical Marketing, Jellinbah Group, Australia
- Cam Howey, Global Manager Technical Marketing, Teck Coal Limited
- Victor King, Corporate Quality Managers, SunCoke Energy Inc.
- Dr.-Ing. Hans Bodo Lüngen, Senior Manager Operation Unit Technology, Steel Institute VDEh, Germany
- Keith Lynch, Quality Manager, Indiana Harbor Operations, SunCoke Energy Inc.
- Cyril Martinand | Division Manager - Procurement - Solid Fuels, ArcelorMittal USA LLC
- Ben Orhan, Research Analyst, CRU Group
- Dr. Joseph J. Poveromo, President, Raw Materials & Ironmaking Global Consulting
- Dr. Frank Sowa, Head of Engineering, Cokemaking Technology Division, DMT GmbH & CO KG, Germany
- Jim Truman, Principal Analyst Metallurgical Coal - Coal Markets Research, Wood Mackenzie, USA
- Dr. Hardarshan S. Valia, President, Coal Science Inc., USA
A Global Financial Vision | Supply & Demand Market Drivers
Join the world's foremost market analysts as they conduct an open, honest dialogue on factors impacting the entire industry. Speakers will not only share their updated forecasts and outlook, but also debate the relative importance to weigh on various business drivers. Steel, Coke, Coking Coal and all related markets will be dissected.
State of Our Business - Dissecting Conflicting Strategies and Business Models
Major players are taking any number of steps to manage their operations until such time the market landscape becomes more clear. In this session, we take a deeper dive into the stressors, disruptors, economics, prospects, new developments, research and other updates as examples of different paths taken. We dissect each model, uncover news and noteworthy projects under development, and probe the opportunities & lessons learned of each.
Stressors to the Industry
Survival techniques during difficult times. The focus of this session is to examine major stress points on the industry, and particularly how environmental forces, costs, imports and the geopolitical landscape are still causing major shifts in resource allocation now and for the future.
The focus of this session is to uncover the top technological developments and achievements in cuttings cost of production and operations, and give attendees unfiltered access to emerging solutions provided in the marketplace.
Plant Tour (additional fee required) - spaces limited and must be pre-reserved online
ArcelorMittal Burns Harbor
Hosted by: Jim Grady, Sourcing Manager/Solid Fuels/Coke & Carbon, ArcelorMittal USA LLC Corporation
Click here to add your name to our mailing list to be kept in the loop with the 2014 program.